In developing this site many local books have been referenced.
- Collins, Fran & Martin (2001) They also server who stand and wait - A history of Pheasey Farms U.S. Replacement Depot, Sub Depot of the 10th Replacement Depot 1942/1945, Brewin Books, Studley Warwickshire, ISBN 1 85858 204 0
- Dilworth, D. (1976) The Tame Mills of Staffordshire, Phillimore London, ISBN 0 86033 216 8
- Jones, John Morris, Manors of North Birmingham, City of Birmingham Education Department, ISBN 0 7093 0014 X (or X 2563196, 1984. Parts of this publication and many more by John Morris are reproduced online within the Birmingham Grid for Learning site Here
- Meachem, Rodger Clive (1989), Victorian Hamstead: Its People, Its Colliery - An Illustrated History, 1870-1910, Brewin Books Limited ISBN 0947731385
- Price, Terry "West Bromwich People and Places" which has a section including Great Barr.
- Pugh, R,B. ed. (1964) The Victoria History of the Counties of England, A History of Warwickshire Vol. VII, University of London, Online at British History Online
- Pugh, R,B. ed. (1976) The Victoria History of the Counties of England, A History of Staffordshire Vol. XVII, University of London, Online at British History Online
- Stephens W.B. (Editor) (1969) A History of the County of Warwick: Volume VIII - The City of Coventry and Borough of Warwick . Online at British History Online
- Wilkinson, Christine, and Hanson, Margaret (2003) Birmingham Cinemas,Tempus which has information about the Beacon Cinema