Holy Name of Jesus Church
9, Cross Lane Great Barr, Birmingham West Midlands, B43 6LN
The origins of Holy Name were in a room behind the Scott Arms public house where the first mass was held in April 1925. A temporary wooden church near the current site was officially opened on Thurday 12th December 1935. The site adjacent to the temporary building was earmarked for the permanent church.
The foundation stone was laid on 11th June 1938, the church being opened on 19th December 1938. The old wooden church was used as the parish hall before being used to start Holy Name school. A larger presbytary was added in 1954. Additional work continued on the church which was consecrated on 7th September 1965.