Copyright 2020 - Custom text here

Old Hall

Great Barr Old Hall can be seen from Chapel Lane.

Drawing of Old Hall 1949

This picture was drawn in 1949 by E.W. Green (see www.ewgreen.org.uk).

The Old Hall was probably built around 1730 and is all that remains of a much larger house, containing fine timbers and panelling. Both the farmhouse and barn are now Grade II listed.

Old Hall watercolour (Handsworth Historical Society)

 

While the Scott Family lived at "Nether Hall" - the newer "Great Barr Hall" - the Old Hall was in the family of Mrs Elizabeth Foley who, with Mrs Whitby was joint Lord of the Manor of Great Barr at the time when Great Barr Common was enclosed in 1795.

Administrator


Copyright 2020 Great Barr Past and Present, Anthony Lewis