St Margarets Hospital
In 1918, Great Barr Hall became a hospital for the mentally ill and St. Margaret's Hospital was built in the grounds of Great Barr Hall. Originally called Great Barr Park Colony it was developed over a number of years with separate male and female areas. The hospital was out of use for many years and has now been cleared for housing.
These sites include a number of 'urban exploration' sites where pictures have been gained in spite of site security. Some of these sites include the state of Great Barr Hall itself.
The Rossbret Institutions Website records Britains hospitals and other institutions and have some very good photographs of how the colony looked.
There are a number of "Urban Explorer" sites which have photographed the ruins in great detail. The addresses sometimes change but will be checked as often as possible.