The Scott Arms Public House
Newton Rd Great Barr Birmingham West Midlands B43 6BN.
In October 2016 the Scott Arms was refurbished, re-opening on 11th October 2016.
In late July 2007 changes to the Scott Arms included the provision of smoking areas.
The 2004 Refurbishment
The Scott Arms public house has been a key feature of the area for many years. It has been refurbished and re-opened on the 14th September 2004.
A feature of the pub was the Scott Crest on the end wall. This was not on the original 2004 rennovation as shown above but had been replaced by May 2005 with new "Scott Arms" wording. It appears this had been an original feature kept when the old Scott Arms was demolished in 1966.
The white painted walls replaced the natural brick in about 2000.
The new Scott Arms
The new Scott Arms was opened on 15th August 1968 as part of the re-developed Scott Arms shopping centre.
The Temporary Scott Arms
Around 1966 a temporary building was constructed while the Scott Arms was demolished and re-built
The original Scott Arms
The Scott Arms was originally a coaching inn dating back to 1786.
In the mid-1960's the view was like this, showing little change since the turn of the century.
Along the Newton Road there was a large Barn behind the Scott Arms which can be seen in this 1954 view.
This 1900 view shows the original public house.
- c.1975-81 Ann and Colin Cook
- 1960s - Harry Worthington
- c.1818 - Thomas Field (Parsons & Bradshaw Staffordshire General & Commercial Directory)