Scott Arms - Walsall Road Shops
The Scott Arms shops are centered around the junction of the A34 and A4041. This page will concentrate on those along the Walsall Road, near to the Scott Arms. Other related shops are opposite in the Scott Arms Shopping Centre and the the Birmingham Road towards Walsall.
The shops have developed from the Scott Arms junction towards Birmingham.
The following blocks of shops have existed, each block having its own pages:
- Scott Arms - Walsall Road 945 - Corner of Queslett Road
- Scott Arms - Walsall Road 941-3 Shops - Current site of supermarket
- Scott Arms - Walsall Road 929-939a Shops - block of seven units
- Scott Arms - Walsall Road 921-927 Shops - block of four units
- Scott Arms - Walsall Road 913-919 Shops - block of four units (with single roof window)
- Scott Arms - Walsall Road 905-911 Shops - block of four units (with two roof windows)
- Scott Arms - Walsall Road 895-903 Shops - block of four units (later addition)
- Scott Arms - Walsall Road 893 Bank Building - bank building
Corner of Queslett Road and Walsall Road
Before the duel carriageway there was a broad pavement area near the junction and towards Birmingham a service road for the shops. Pre-war there was what seems to be a newsagents as a separate building on the line of the main road.This appears to have been demolished in the 1930's. Behind this is the current line of shops. The corner site being demolished in fairly recent times, leaving an empty area and the current Supermarket site.
- Halfords (demolished)
- D . Edis, tobacconist, ices
- AEG (1930's?)