1940 - 1950's
1940 to 1950's
The house was taken over by the army in 1940 and used until the late fifties by the army.
A territorial Battalion was maintained from of the war until the early sixties. This was South Staffordshire Light Artillery
Very little seems to be recorded about its 'military' use which does not seem to have particularly affected the parks use. Any further information about this period would be very welcomed.