Copyright 2020 - Custom text here

Great Barr Golf Club

Chapel Lane Great Barr

Golf came to Great Barr in 1935 when land was leased from a local farmer and Calthorpe Golf Club was created.

In 1961 the Club became Great Barr Golf Club Ltd.

The course took on a more familiar Golf Club appearance and in 1965, of an automatic greens sprinkler system was installed..

In 1972 the Club purchased the land from the local farmer, Mr.J.B.York.

In 1975 most of the old timber clubhouse was demolished to make way for the present Beacon Lounge and Dining Room.

In 1988 the last vestiges of the old clubhouse were removed and the Calthorpe Lounge and Snooker Room were rebuilt. This development included a new Ladies’ Locker Room for our active and supported Ladies’ Section.

Finally in 1992 the clubhouse was further extended by the construction of the Gent’s Locker Room and Professional’s Shop .


Information from www.greatbarrgolfclub.co.uk 

Administrator


Copyright 2018 Great Barr Past and Present, Anthony Lewis