Copyright 2020 - Custom text here

Great Barr Vicarage

Great Barr Vicarage

1847 vicarage by Ewan Christian, Chapel Lane.

St Margarets Vicarage (c) Walter Chinn

Photograph by Walter Chinn (c) 2006

Red brick with blue bands and voussoirs, some sandstone dressings, and steep tile roofs. Two storeys with attics. On the south side a single gabled bay projects forwards and has a timber canted bay window on the ground floor. The first floor window has a sandstone lintel and sill, pointed relieving arch, and three sashes with no glazing bars. Above is a one-light casement attic window. To the right is a range which has a window of two sashed lights with no glazing bars on the ground floor and which is blind above. In the angle between the projecting bay and the left hand range is a later C19 glazed addition with French windows. To each side of the central gabled bay are tall multi-flue stacks of zig-zag plan. The door, in the left hand return wall, has a chamfered surround with pointed head and hood with carved stops, and is covered by a glazed porch

From: English Heritage Monument Records at www.imagesofengland.co.uk

Administrator


Copyright 2020 Great Barr Past and Present, Anthony Lewis